Bob Good (R-Va.) was first sworn in to the U.S. House of Representatives on Jan. 3, 2021, representing Virginia’s 5th Congressional District. He is ran for reelection in 2022 with Trump’s endorsement and won.
Prior to his election to Congress, Good was an associate athletic director at the ultra-conservative Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia and served on the Campbell County Board of Supervisors from 2015–19. As a county supervisor, Good increased the cost of ambulance transportation by 26% and pushed to be able to seize the homes and garnish wages of people with medical debt. He is also an investor in the healthcare company that provides the ambulance services. As a supervisor, he rejected the 2015 Supreme Court ruling that legalized same-sex marriage.
In Congress, Good is a member of the far-right House Freedom Caucus and the Republican Study Committee. He supports cutting Social Security benefits and raising the age of retirement, introduced legislation to ban teaching what the Right dubs “critical race theory,” has claimed that the pandemic is “phony” and was fined for refusing to wear a mask on the House floor.
After the 2020 presidential election, Good helped spread the Big Lie, objected to certifying the Electoral College results, and voted against both impeaching Trump for inciting the mob and establishing a special House committee to investigate the insurrection, among other measures.
January 6, 2021
- As the attack on the Capitol was underway, Good tweeted: “Every American has a precious constitutional right to protest. Violence is never the answer…. We are thankful for Capitol Police who are courageously doing their jobs to keep everyone safe.” Six months later he voted against awarding congressional medals to Capitol Police officers who risked their lives protecting him and other members of Congress.
- Just hours after pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol, Good was among the 147 congressional Republicans to object to certifying the 2020 Electoral College results, voting not to certify the outcomes in Arizona and Pennsylvania.
- Good voted against impeaching Trump for his role in fueling the riot, and said that the very idea of holding him accountable was “destabilizing and offensive to the record number of law abiding Americans who voted for President Trump.”
- Good voted against establishing a House committee to investigate the Jan. 6 attack.
The Big Lie
- At a December 12, 2020 Stop the Steal rally in Washington, D.C.,Good fired up the crowd by asking: “How many votes did they steal?” and answering his own question with: “As many as they needed.”
- Good repeatedly said that he would stand with Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), one of the more outspoken congresspeople to challenge the election results.
- As of December 2021, Good maintained the lie that the 2020 election had been stolen.
Top contributors for the 2020 election cycle.
The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families.
|Amelia Overhead Doors||$11,200.00||$0.00||$11,200.00|
|Law Offices Hiepler & Hiepler||$11,200.00||$0.00||$11,200.00|
|Justice Retail Operations||$10,800.00||$0.00||$10,800.00|
|Virginia Wagyu Farm||$8,400.00||$0.00||$8,400.00|
|Ashley Grace Bridal||$5,600.00||$0.00||$5,600.00|
|Byrd Enterprises Unlimited||$5,600.00||$0.00||$5,600.00|