David Argall is a state senator from Pennsylvania representing the 29th district. Argall has been affiliated with the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a corporate bill mill that creates right-wing model legislation for implementation at the state level. Following the 2020 election, Argall assisted in the attempt to overturn the presidential election and contributed to the false narrative that widespread fraud had compromised the election.
The Big Lie
- On Dec. 4, 2020, Argall signed two letters asking state officials to investigate the 2020 election, alleging there had been “confusion, irregularities, and a lack of statewide continuity concerning how our elections were conducted.”
- Despite the fact that state-mandated election audits and federal reviews of the Pennsylvania election turned up no evidence of widespread voter fraud, Argall supported a partisan audit of Pennsylvania’s 2020 elections similar to the dubious audit conducted in Arizona.
- Argall announced that he would support the partisan effort just days after Trump issued a statement calling him and other Pennsylvania Republicans out by name and pushing them to take on the audit. In the statement, Trump asked if the state representatives were “stupid, corrupt, or naive?”
- Argall said he had a call with the president after voicing support for the audit in which Trump told him doing the audit would “restore people’s faith in democracy.”
- The “audit,” conducted by an Iowa-based company called Envoy Sage LLC, ended up costing taxpayers more than $250,000.