Christina Bobb was a reporter for the right-wing news outlet One America News (OAN) from 2020–22, anchoring the pro-Trump show Weekly Briefing. She left the network in March 2022 in order to work for Trump directly through his Save America PAC.
In August 2022, Bobb was the “senior legal representative” at Mar-a-Lago when the FBI got a search warrant to retrieve classified government documents that Trump had failed to return after leaving office, as required by the Presidential Records Act. On June 3, 2022, she had signed an official letter on Trump’s behalf falsely testifying that all materials the government requested had been turned over to authorities. But once the FBI raid uncovered at least 300 more classified documents from the former president’s home, the Justice Department called Bobb in for questioning in October 2022. At that point, she testified that she had signed the certification as the “custodian of records” at the direction of another Trump lawyer, Evan Corcoran, and in consultation with Trump’s in-house counsel Boris Epshteyn. As a result, the DOJ appeared to view her and Corcoran “as witnesses instead of potential defendants,” according to The Guardian.
After graduating from Georgetown with a degree in National Security Law, Bobb served as a Marine, and later became executive secretary for the Department of Homeland Security during the Trump administration. Described as “mega-MAGA,” she has shamelessly spread endless lies about the 2020 election—on social media and through OAN and Save America. In August 2021, Dominion Voting Systems sued her and OAN for defamation, seeking $1.6 billion in damages for the lies they spread about Dominion voting machines being rigged or unreliable.
January 6, 2021
- According to The Daily Beast, Bobb participated in calls with Rudy Giuliani to coordinate sending slates of fake pro-Trump electors to Congress to be counted on Jan. 6.
- Bobb participated in the rally that escalated into a riot at the Capitol and live-tweeted parts of the event, including the crowd’s march from the White House Ellipse to the Capitol.
- On Jan. 9, 2021, Bobb criticized conservatives who denounced the attack on the Capitol, tweeting: “I love all these conservatives on Twitter trying to look reasonable calling for unity, and condemning violence…. like… you know we’re under attack, right?”
- When Bobb interviewed Trump on OAN exactly a year after the insurrection, he downplayed the gravity of the violent attack and said “there was a lot of love that day” in the crowd.
- On Feb. 9, 2022, Politico reported that metadata on a draft of the never-issued executive order for the Department of Homeland Security to seize voting machines revealed that a user named Christina Bobb had created the document. The order included a provision to give the secretary of defense two months to assess the election.
The Big Lie
- On air on OAN, Bobb consistently promulgated disinformation before, during, and after the 2020 election.
- On Election Day (Nov. 3, 2020), before all votes had been tallied, Bobb called the election for Trump while also making unsubstantiated claims of “rampant voter fraud.” She accused Democrats of encouraging their “Antifa buddies” to create chaos at the polls. Even though it violated company disinformation policies, Youtube did not remove her video full of false claims from its platform.
- On Nov. 12, after the election had been called for Biden, Bobb delivered a segment on her OAN Weekly Briefing show claiming that Trump had actually won. “Democrats continue to whistle along, pretending that everything’s fine and play[ing] their little games,” she said, “calling Joe Biden ‘president-elect,’ pretending the country is going along with their scheme. We’re not.”
- Bobb participated in the Jan. 5 Willard Hotel meeting in Washington, D.C. with Trump’s team as they strategized about overturning the 2020 election.
- On Twitter, where Bobb has roughly 200,000 followers, she continued to promote the lie that the election had been stolen and that Trump would serve a second term in office. As late as November 2021, for example, she called for the 2020 election to be overturned, tweeting: “Decertify Georgia’s election. Where is the GA Legislature?”
- In 2021 and 2022, Bobb continued to claim that U.S. elections and election protocols are fraudulent. On Oct. 30, 2021, for example, she called for the Wisconsin Elections Commission to be dissolved. On Dec. 1, 2021, Bobb tweeted: “Any American politician pushing the tyrannical dictates designed to limit American freedoms can only do so because they know they are not accountable to the people. They know the election is rigged and they will never be held accountable.”
- As an OAN correspondent, Bobb extensively covered the partisan audit of the Arizona election on air, while also raising funds to support the effort.
- OAN focused, in particular, on the claim—which has been debunked—that Arizona elections authorities deleted files in anticipation of the audit. In one video, Bobb and co-host Dan Ball tell their audience that the supposedly deleted files indicated a “cover-up” had taken place.
- In addition to working as an OAN correspondent “covering” the audit, Bobb founded Voices and Votes, a 501(c)(4) dedicated to funding the hyped-up partisan investigation. Buzzfeed reported that Voices and Votes raised $150,000 on April 9, 2021—the same day she announced the new fundraising organization online.
- According to emails obtained by the watchdog group American Oversight, during the audit Bobb was in close contact with state legislator Karen Fann, president of the Arizona Senate. In one email, Fann told Bobb that the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors was “throwing roadblocks” in their way.
- In addition to the Arizona audit, Bobb regularly promoted Wisconsin’s partisan audit, claiming that “election crimes” had been committed and that the Wisconsin Elections Commission “intentionally broke the law.”