Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-Mo.) has served Missouri’s 3rd Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives since 2009. He ran for reelection in 2022 with Trump’s endorsement and won in his solidly Republican district.
Prior to being elected to Congress, Luetkemeyer served in the Missouri State House of Representatives from 1999–2005. He also worked in the banking and insurance industries for more than 30 years and earlier in his career served as a bank regulator for the state of Missouri. Luetkemeyer is an alumnus of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a right-wing, pay-to-play bill mill.
After the 2020 presidential election, the long-time congressman adhered to the GOP playbook by casting doubt on the legitimacy of the process. He helped spread the Big Lie and voted against certifying Biden’s Electoral College win, impeaching Trump for inciting the mob, and establishing a special House committee to investigate the insurrection, among other measures.
January 6, 2021
- Just hours after pro-Trump rioters stormed the Capitol, Luetkemeyer joined 146 other congressional Republicans in refusing to certify Biden’s win of the 2020 presidential election.
- Luetkemeyer voted against impeaching Trump for his role in instigating the attack on Congress and the Capitol, and for fanning the flames once the riot broke out.
- He also voted against establishing a House committee to investigate what led to the violent assault on the Capitol and disruption of the congressional procedure underway that day.
The Big Lie
- On Dec. 10, 2020, Luetkemeyer signed an amicus brief in a lawsuit filed by the state of Texas urging the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the results of the presidential election in four swing states: Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
- Luetkemeyer spread disinformation online about the results of the 2020 election.
- Like so many of his GOP colleagues in Congress who support the Big Lie, Luetkemeyer has benefited financially since the attack on the Capitol and his response to it, garnering the fourth largest amount of corporate donations in support of his reelection.
The build_open_secrets_display function ran and was added to the message.The object is empty.